Are you tired of hauling your precious fly fishing gear around in those drab, uninspiring bags that don't keep the water out? Well, it's time to level up your game, and we've got just the thing for you – the Filson Waterproof Duffle. Let's dive into this bad boy with all the enthusiasm of a kid who just caught their first fish!
Filson Waterproof Duffle Review
Filson Duffle on the left and sling pack on the right. We spent a week on the Smith River, Montana fighting off rain but had a few sunny days.
Filson Waterproof Duffle Review
Let's start with the basics. The Filson Waterproof Duffle is like the Chuck Norris of fishing bags – tough as nails and ready for anything Mother Nature throws its way. It's not your run-of-the-mill duffle; it's your ticket to a world where your gear stays as dry as a desert, even if you're knee-deep in a river. The 840-denier nylon tarpaulin fabric coated with thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) is ultra stout and will hold up for a long time.
Waterproof Duffle Bag for Fly Fishing
Yeah, yeah, it's waterproof. But what does that really mean? Well, imagine this: You're out on a river trip, and suddenly, the skies open up. Rain is pouring down like cats and dogs. You look at your Filson Waterproof Duffle, give it a wink, and open it up. Your precious flies, reels, and spare clothes are as dry as a bone! It's like magic, but it's actually just some top-notch waterproof technology at work.
Filson Duffle Bag for Anglers
Fishermen and women, this bag was practically made for us. It's got that rugged, outdoorsy look that screams, "I'm serious about my fishing!" And let's not forget the velcro closure to the main bag. I like this because I work out of my bag. This way it’s still closed and waterproof even though it isn’t wrapped up for complete submergibility.
The Filson Duffle is strapped in and ready to go. Good thing it is submergible because that is a self bailing boat.
Filson Waterproof Duffle Features
Durable as a Steelhead Salmon: Made from high-quality materials that can withstand whatever your fishing adventures throw at it.
- Spacious Yet Compact: It's got the room for all your gear but is still small enough to fit in the back of your truck without taking up your entire bed. I store my day of gear in it on a drift boat, or I pack my camping gear in it and I can leave it out of the tent knowing it won’t get throttled by rain.
- Comfortable to Carry: Whether you're lugging it through the woods or just trying to impress your fishing buddies, the comfortable handles and shoulder strap have your back.
Alright, let's be real. The Filson Waterproof Duffle won't tell you jokes, but it might just make you the most comfortable person in your fishing group because you'll be the one with the driest gear. Imagine the laughs as your friends pull out their soggy tackle boxes while you casually open your Filson Duffle to reveal perfectly preserved flies and lures.
Stay Dry with Filson Duffle
Rain or shine, this duffle bag is your ticket to staying dry and stylish on your fly fishing adventures. Whether you're heading to a nearby stream or embarking on an epic fishing expedition, the Filson Waterproof Duffle has your back, and it looks darn good doing it.
The Filson Waterproof Duffle, your new best fishing buddy. It's got style, it's got substance, and it's got the power to keep your gear drier than your new set of waders. Say goodbye to soggy gear and hello to dry and happy fishing trips. Grab one of these bad boys, and let's make a splash out there on the water, all while keeping our gear high and dry!
- Socks - I always like having dry socks. I find myself getting off the river putting up with wet socks but just as I'm ready to slip into my sleeping bag, there is nothing like dry, warm socks to make it a day. Minus33 has great Merino Wool socks in several styles.
- Winter Hat - Hats keep you warm and in a pinch it can really make your day. Again I like Minus33 for this particular hat because I treat it like an emergency hat. Merino Wool is awesome, even if its wet its dry!
- Knife - Knives are crude tools when its all you got. They can be used in every sort of way to get you in and out of trouble. Since it is in a bag you aren't restricted to a folder or something really small. This knife by Buck is a great all purpose knife for everyday use and has all the attributes a survivalist would look for. Here is an article all about knives for you. Here
- Medical Supplies - My Medic has the best I've seen to date. They are comprehensive and there are smaller models that fit the needs of an angler. Look at the MayFAK Mini as a great all arounder that can move from the vehicle to the dry bag or backpack whenever necessary.
Want to get deals on gear, fly fishing trips, and tons of information? Become a member of the Loyalty Club at Fly Fishing Insider Podcast. Join Now